Love dogs? Love to build great consumer products?
SpotOn Fence invented the Dog GPS Fence category in 2019 and has experienced commercial success as well as won awards from the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), South By Southwest (SXSW), the Stevies, & the NH Tech Alliance.
With the release of our 2nd generation fence, we are rapidly growing our company. We are seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer to work on all mechanical aspects of ongoing improvements to our second-generation collar currently in production. Some of the major activities include: improving the mechanical structure, manufacturability – tooling and fixture design, collaboration with electrical engineers to improve form, fit & function, design reviews, and technical reviews. Future work may include the design and development of new products from conception to high volume production.
- Take the lead mechanical role on multiple projects.
- Personally execute mechanical design activities as required (CAD, engineering analysis, documentation).
- Drive engineering excellence in all aspects of our products.
- Work effectively with multi-disciplinary design teams to ensure integration of all stakeholder inputs.
- Think creatively and analytically to develop comprehensive design solutions.
- Understand project requirements and anticipate development challenges to deliverable robust solutions on schedule and budget.
- Adhere to disciplined design process using design controls, FMEA, rapid prototyping and design reviews.
- Work with management to prepare project plans and coordinate project management activities
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from a 4-year college or university a must.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience; Master’s degree with less experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience designing parts using injection molding and over molding required
- Other manufacturing methods, i.e.: machining, welding, forming, forging, casting experience a plus
- Highly proficient user of SolidWorks i.e. surfacing experience or another comparable CAD software program
- Industrial design experience or working directly with an industrial design agency a plus
- Experience designing and developing high tech consumer products that meet IP67 standards highly desirable
- Design for high volume manufacturing
- Must have experience producing engineering drawings and fundamental GD&T knowledge
- Experience with finite element analysis and tolerance analysis a plus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player, able to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Self-starter, able to take initiative and manage time effectively
- Outstanding work ethic and innate curiosity and willingness to learn
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
This position is on-site at our Manchester, NH facility and could be considered hybrid at a later date.
SpotOn is also willing to relocate the right candidate to New Hampshire.
All offers are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
Compensation & Benefits
SpotOn offers highly competitive, total compensation packages based on an employee's responsibilities and professional experience. SpotOn’s benefits include: Health/Dental/Vision, HSA/FSA/Dependent Care savings plan, paid vacation, 10 holidays, sick time, paid Family & Medical Leave, Tuition Assistance, matching 401K plan, Disability Insurance, & Life Insurance. Plus, you can bring your dog to work any day!
Commitment to Diversity
SpotOn Fence is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. We do not tolerate discrimination in employment, employment-related decisions, or in business dealings on the basis of race, color, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other legally protected status.